Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hitchcock Style High Chair 3 (1970)

The Completed High Chair


Deja Vu all over again! One of the interesting side effects of writing this blog is that several of my posts have been read by people with a similar or, in this case, the exact piece of furniture. These customers then contact me, often with questions, or in some cases, to restore one just like the one that I did for another customer.

One of these reoccurring themes in my work was a high chair made in the style of furniture made by Lambert Hitchcock. These "Hitchcock High Chairs" were made in the 20th century (I am guessing around 1970). All of the examples I have worked on are maple with black paint on the majority of the chair. The crest rail is stenciled in the manner of Hitchcock chairs of the 19th century. I have yet to work on a white painted version, but they do exist.

I do not know if it was the 1970's incarnation of the Hitchcock Chair Company that made these chairs or if they were made by another company. I do know that in most cases, I can restore them and people from far and wide are contacting me to do so. So without further adieu, I bring you the third Hitchcock high chair to grace my shop.

I only got one photo of the chair as it came into the shop, and it was only a photo of the seat. The finish had peeled off of the unpainted portion of the seat and tray.


The process of restoration can be read in the links below to my earlier posts. The only thing we did differently was to finish the natural portions without staining them, which looked quite nice!

Hitchcock High Chair No.1:
http://johnmarkpower.blogspot.com/2011/06/hitchcock-style-high-chair-ca1970.html

Hitchcock High Chair No.2:
http://johnmarkpower.blogspot.com/2011/08/hitchcock-style-high-chair-2-1970.html







If anyone is looking for one of these chairs, I have one that I would love to sell. It needs a bit of work, but I can do that. Please feel free to email or call me at 703-727-5691 if you are interested!

2 comments:

  1. Wow…outstanding service and products to meet our office needs. I Love all and the colors you choose are perfect. I want this furniture for my new house. Thanks a lot for sharing
    Dressing Table Manufacturers In Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Furniture is what turns your house into a home.We are running our Furnitures over 25 years and we are one of the leading wooden cot manufacturer in arumbakkam

    ReplyDelete